Wednesday 27 August 2014

WIP Wednesday

Here is my first WIP post of the blog!  Let's see how long it remains a WIP. (I meant the quilt.  The blog is going to be an endless WIP)

I received a lovely old tablecloth from a lovely person who knows that I love them and like to chop them up to use.  And that is exactly what I did!



Chop chop!  Cutting around the stains, I saved the good parts, which were many.  I did some patchwork with colours of new fabric - colours pulled from the tablecloth print.  I wanted to have more than just the pink and green however, so I added a print from the pearl bracelets line.  I love this shade of green-blue near the olive green.  A bit of a weird mix, but I love it.

I added a bit of embroidery with the greeny-blue colour to try to tie it in better, but I think I may save this square for something else...
Needs more detail...

 I am using this little lady though!



Ah, to dream in a field of giant flowers...

I would love to set a deadline for this piece, a finish by date...How about...Sept. 25?  That's random.  We'll see.

If you are reading this by way of a WIP link from another blog, thanks for stopping by!  Hopefully I will have much more to offer in the weeks and months to come!

Thanks for reading!

Linked to WIP Wednesday at The Needle and Thread Network

No comments:

Post a Comment